Since 2016, L’Étape Australia by Tour de France has provided Australian and international riders with the closest experience to riding in the Tour de France as it is possible to get in Australia. In 2020, we decided to go one step further and provide you with the opportunity to prepare for L’Étape Australia by Tour de France like pro cyclists (but without the same training load).
For the first time, L’Étape Australia is offering an Official Team Camp, run under the same standards as the World Tour Team team camps and designed for amateur riders.
For three days (from Friday 3rd to Sunday 5th April 2020), join a maximum of 25 other fellow cyclists, L’Étape Australia head coach David Heatley and our support crew for our first Team Camp in the Hunter Valley. The registration price includes all the services listed below and excludes the accommodation. Riders must organise their own accommodation and we recommend everyone book at The Oaks Resort which will be the headquarter for the camp.
The Team Camp is limited to 25 riders and registrations will be close as soon as we hit this number, we recommend you book early to avoid disappointment.
Registration price: $1,995
- What is included?
We will be based at The Oaks Resort from Friday 3rd to Sunday 5th April 2020. Participants can arrive on Friday from 2:00pm (3:00pm for a 3:30pm ride depar), Friday night for 6:30pm dinner or Saturday morning (7:30am for a 8:00am ride depart). From the moment you arrive, until the end of the Team Camp, everything will be organised for the riders. This includes all the following services:
- One cycling musette per rider, including sports nutrition and bidons (bottles);
- Premium brand of hydration powder, fruits, water and sunscreen available pre-departure and in the support vehicles for each ride;
- Two ride options every day (long or short options) to meet your training objectives;
- Experienced ride captains to look after each group;
- Support vehicles;
- Dedicated experienced bike mechanic to look after your bike and fix any mechanical issues on the ride and at the accommodation;
- Dedicated masseur available on Friday and Saturday (post-ride);
- Normatec recovery boots available to facilitate your recovery;
- Training workshop/Q&A session on Friday afternoon with our head coach David Heatley to set your goals for the camp and give you some training advise to be ready for L’Étape Australia by Tour de France;
- 30-min individual workshop with coach David Heatley for an in-depth review of your fitness, setting up personal training objectives and make the most of training tools such as Training Peaks (subject to availability);
- All meals and on-road snacks from Friday afternoon through to Sunday lunch;
- Local wines and beers on offer during team dinners (first round of drinks included in the registration price).
There is an option to purchase premium Official Team Camp cycling kits (two jerseys, two bib shorts and one gilet produced by Cuore of Switzerland). Each participant will have the opportunity to have their measurements taken by Cuore of Switzerland to receive their tailor-made cycling kit.
- What is the schedule for the weekend?
For three days (from Friday 3rd to Sunday 5th April 2020), you will join a maximum of 24 other fellow cyclists, L’Étape Australia head coach David Heatley and our support crew for our first Team Camp in the Hunter Valley.
- Friday 3rd April
- 02:00 pm: check-in at your accommodation;
- 03:30 pm: depart for the first ride of the weekend (30km or 41km);
- Post ride: mechanic, masseur and Normatec recovery boots available;
- 06:30 pm: team dinner (premium local food and beverages);
- 08:00 pm: training workshop with our head coach David Heatley (to discuss the basics of training and how to make these work in your professional and personal life).
- Saturday 4th April
- 07:00 am: team breakfast;
- 08:00 am: depart for the second ride of the weekend (95km/900m or 146km/1,400m);
- Post ride: late lunch supplied at The Oaks. Individual catch-ups with our head coach David Heatley (to set up your personal goals). Mechanic, masseur and Normatec recovery boots available;
- 06:30 pm: team dinner (premium local food and beverages).
- Sunday 5th April
- 07:00 am: team breakfast;
- 08:00 am: depart for the last ride of the weekend (117km/1,300m or 155km/1,700m);
- Post ride: late lunch supplied at The Oaks. Normatec recovery boots available.
- 03:00 pm: Team Camp officially finishes.
- Friday 3rd April
- I have a question, where can I find the answer?
For any question about the event, please read our FAQ available via this link.
If you can’t find the information you are looking for, your can email us at email@example.com or give us a call at (02) 8272 4580.
Please note we need minimum numbers of riders for the event to go ahead. Our deadline for YES / NO is 4:00pm (AEDT) Friday 28 February 2020. We will keep you updated over the coming weeks as bookings progress. Your registration is fully refundable should the Event not run due to low numbers.